Aug 26, 2011
Importer Release notes for version 3.0.5 Patch
Summary of features and enhancements for 3.0.5 Patch:
This patch of Importer v3.0.5 is being issued to resolve problems being reported of data clients incorrectly receiving “Authentication Errors” after experiencing a disconnection due to TCP/IP link outages.
The patch consists of 3 parts:
- Connection Manager Executable – This executable is meant to replace the existing executable and addresses problems of simultaneous accesses to the database causing errant behavior.
- MSDE Configuration Instructions – This changes the MSDE to use only a shared memory interface and disables TCP/IP interfaces.
- SQL Script – Used to limit the amount of memory used by MSDE
Associated documentation to assist in the Installation of 3.0.5:
1. 597-2010-006 – Software Patch Application Guide
2. STS-02-2005 – Importer WebAdmin Guide